Step Up Together Action Collaborative (January, 2023)
Despite hospital initiatives to improve maternal health, cesarean rates and outcomes continue to worsen. Increasingly, organizations and hospitals are looking to midwifery care models to achieve quality and safety targets. There continues to be a lack of investment and poor infrastructure around community birth and integration into hospital systems. There’s a need for overall QI in interdisciplinary maternity care, integration, and collaboration regarding emergency response. This program will fill gaps in communication and collaboration between all levels of care. It’s designed to improve clinical competency, teamwork, and the development of transfer processes to improve care quality, outcomes, and patient safety.
This activity meets XXX of every month from xx-xxpm ET.
Acknowledgement of Support
We would like to thank the Purchaser Business Group on Health for providing funding to develop and execute this program.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Associates
- Other care team members
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Strengthen the relationship between hospital and community birth practices.
- Support the development of hospital and birth center-specific transfer guidelines, policies, and protocols for OB emergencies.
- Enhance emergency response skills to improve quality of care and patient safety.
This activity meets the ___ of every month from ____ ET. Below are the dates of the sessions:
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Primary Maternity Care and Moses/Weitzman Health System, Inc./Weitzman Institute. Moses/Weitzman Health System, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. Additional credits are available for Physician Assistants/Associates.
By completing this activity, you provide Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. the permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
Please note that continuing education credit requirements differ by state, jurisdiction, and licensing agency. It is your responsibility to confirm if your licensing/credentialing agency will accept the credits offered by this activity.
- 1.00 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 1.00 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 1.00 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.
- Please register for this activity prior to the start of the first session you wish to attend.
- If you are attempting to register for this activity after the session you wish to attend has started and the activity says "expired," please submit a ticket to our support center. A member from our team will respond as soon as possible.
- This online activity requires use of a device connected to the Internet, such as a computer tablet or mobile device.
- The activity will take place over Zoom, which must be accessed directly from within the activity.