Workshop 3: Conducting an Inclusive and Equitable Hiring Process
In this workshop, you will analyze your employee and patient demographic data and commonly used job postings. Your team will also work on strengthening your current strategies for attracting diverse talent and reducing bias in the evaluation and selection process.
Be sure that your team is prepared with the items listed in the Workshop 3 Preparation section before getting started.
Workshop 3 Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to...
- Construct a timeline to achieve preliminary workforce diversity goals based on current employee and patient data
- Establish job posting template with language that attracts a diverse candidate pool
- Develop strategies to attract a diverse workforce throughout the application and interview process
- Outline steps to reduce bias from the evaluation and selection process
Workshop 3 Preparation
Your team should be prepared with the following:
- Work Plan
- Workshop 3 Notes Template (optional)
- Workforce and patient demographic data for the following:
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Preferred language
- Commonly used job posting from your organization
- Information on where your organization currently advertises job postings
The Work Plan and Workshop 3 Notes Template are available at the bottom of this page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by submitting a ticket and a representative from our team will respond as soon as possible. Keep in mind that your team may schedule a 45-minute live consultation with Dr. Oliveira at any time during or after your experience for $500/session. Visit the following link for more information: Live Consultation Session.
Karoline Oliveira, Ed.D, is the Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer at Moses/Weitzman Health System, Inc. (MWHS). Prior to joining MWHS, she served as Interim Executive Director, Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Special Advisor to the President, at Life University in Georgia, where she successfully developed and advanced the university’s DEI strategic agenda. Previously, she was Interim Director of the Multicultural Center at the University of Rhode Island, from which she received her B.S. and M.S. Karoline received her Ed.D. in Higher Education Leadership from Johnson & Wales University. She brings to MWHS more than 20 years of experience in driving innovation and furthering the vision and mission of organizations through diversity enhancement initiatives.
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies
In support of improving patient care, Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. and its Weitzman Institute is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
By completing this activity, you provide Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. the permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 2.00 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 ACE/ASWBThrough Joint Accreditation Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) credit to social workers at its activities.
- 2.00 ACPEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credit to pharmacists at its activities.
- 2.00 ADA CERPThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 2.00 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 2.00 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 2.00 CDRThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide CDR credits to registered dieticians at its activities.
- 2.00 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.