Electronic Consult Best Practices for Primary and Specialty Care Providers 2023
E-consults are a new concept to many providers – although some may be accustomed to “curbside consults”. This series will provide primary and specialty care use cases for e-consults, fill any knowledge gaps in constructing effective e-consult questions and answers, and provide tools to convey e-consult results to patients.
Acknowledgement of Support
This activity was developed in collaboration with BluePath Health and ConferMED.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physicians' Assistants
This activity is a CE opportunity for ConferMed clients.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Improve primary care providers’ ability to convey a clear clinical question in an e-consult
- Improve specialists’ ability to deliver clear and educational responses to primary care providers’ questions through e-consult
- Improve providers’ ability to close the loop with the patient, conveying specialist advice and next steps in care.
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by BluePath Health and Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. Moses/Weitzman Health System, Inc. and its Weitzman Institute is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
By completing this activity, you provide Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. the permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 1.00 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 1.00 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.
- Please register for this activity only if you have attended the Electronic Consult Best Practices for Primary and Specialty Care Providers Activity and wish to claim credits and download a certificate.
- If you are attempting to register for this activity and you need assistance, submit a ticket and a representative from the Weitzman Education team will respond as soon as possible.