NTTAP Webinar Series 2023-2024 - Implementing Nurse Practitioner (NP) and NP/Physician Associate (PA) Postgraduate Training Programs: Program Development, Recruitment Strategies, and Accreditation (October 10, 2023)
Slides: Reference the bottom of this webpage for webinar slides.
Join us to explore the essential components of successful primary care nurse practitioner/physician associate (NP/PA) residency programs, including program structure, recruitment strategies, bias reduction techniques, and the rigor and benefits of the accreditation process. Additionally, peers from Open Door Community Health Centers will join to share their insights on recruiting for a joint NP/PA program. By the end of this webinar, participants will have a clear understanding of how to implement effective and sustainable NP/PA residency programs and enhance your approach to clinical workforce development.
Acknowledgement of Support
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $550,000 with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physicians' Assistants
- Psychologists and Counselors
- Registered Dieticians
- Social Workers
- Other members of the team
The objective of this activity is to provide free T/TA to FQHCs in the following priority areas:
- Identify the drivers, process, and structure for implementing postgraduate training program for NPs/PAs at your health center
- Explore effective strategies in the recruitment process, including methods to diminish bias
- Hear from a peer who can talk about the decision to host a NP/PA program and recruitment considerations
- Gain insights into the benefits and rigor of the accreditation process
Fall Webinar Schedule
Look out for our upcoming offerings!
- Wednesday October 18th – Increasing Access to Comprehensive Care: The Crucial Role of the Community Health Worker Webinar
- Wednesday October 25th – Activity Session on Curriculum Mapping for Postgraduate Residency Programs (no CEU)
- Thursday October 26th – Activity Session on Standing Orders for Hypertension (no CEU)
- Thursday, November 9th - Webinar on HIV Prevention
- Tuesday, December 5th - Activity Session: PrEP Standing Orders (no CEU)
- Thursday, December 7th - Webinar on Health Professions Training
- Tuesday, December 12th - Activity Session on Health Professions Training (no CEU)
About our Faculty
The NTTAP Webinar Series 2023-2024 features speakers with subject matter expertise in areas aligned to the series' overarching aim. Faculty members have expertise in areas such as fundamentals of comprehensive care, HIV prevention, preparedness for emergencies and environmental impacts on health, advancing health equity, clinical workforce students and trainees, team-based care, and health profession education/training programs.
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. and its Weitzman Institute is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
By completing this activity, you provide Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. the permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 1.00 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ACE/ASWBThrough Joint Accreditation Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) credit to social workers at its activities.
- 1.00 ACPEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credit to pharmacists at its activities.
- 1.00 ADA CERPThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 1.00 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 1.00 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 1.00 CDRThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide CDR credits to registered dieticians at its activities.
- 1.00 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.
After you have created an account or logged in, select Register to enroll for this webinar. If needed, reference How do I create an account?
If you need any technical support, please submit a ticket to our support center. A member from our team will respond as soon as possible.
This online activity requires use of a device connected to the Internet, such as a computer tablet or mobile device.