Peer Review Presentation Series 2022
The Peer Review Presentation Series provides the opportunity for health center medical leaders to learn their health center's status in meeting standard quality measures for clinical conditions and develop plans for improving any areas of weakness.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Medical Providers (MDs, DOs, NPs)
- Physician Assistants
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Review standard quality measures and guidelines for important clinical conditions
- Discuss one clinical condition each session and based on clinic data for that condition, discuss recommended practice and system improvements
The Peer Review Presentation Series is led by Dan Wilensky, MD.
Dr. Wilensky is a Family Physician who has been with Community Health Center, Inc. for over 15 years. He obtained his MD from University of Virginia Medical School in 1992 and completed the UConn Family Medicine Residency in 1995. In addition to providing direct patient care to his patients in CHC’s Meriden site, Dr. Wilensky serves several roles in the Weitzman Institute focused on educating the next generation of health care providers and expanding their scope of practice. He is the Chief Preceptor and Medical Consultant to CHC’s APRN Residency Program, and provides the same support for remotely hosted residency programs. He is the medical faculty for Project ECHO – complex cases, the first ECHO for nurses. He has a support role for CHC’s Project ECHO-Pain. He is the Chief Quality Reviewer for CeCN (CHC/Weitzman’s eConsult network). Dr. Wilensky is also a Clinical Instructor for UConn, having taught their Medical Students for over 20 years, and a Community Preceptor with Middlesex Family Medicine Residency, providing supervision to MDs of 4 different training years.
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Through Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
By completing this activity you provide the Weitzman Institute permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 12.00 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 12.00 ACPEThrough Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credit to pharmacists at its activities.
- 12.00 ADA CERPThrough Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
- 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 12.00 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 12.00 Participation Hour(s)
After registering for Peer Review Presentation Series 2022, select the session(s) you attended on the right-hand side and select the Register button again to register for the individual sessions. Only register for sessions that you have attended.
- This online activity requires use of a device connected to the Internet, such as a computer tablet or mobile device.