Preceptor Development Training
This free, on-demand training equips health professionals with the knowledge, hands-on experience, and resources to speak and act confidently on climate change solutions.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Other professions
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Create a clinical expectations guide for APP learners
- Formulate and deliver formative and summative learner feedback
- Manage the competing demands of a learner in the busy clinical setting
- Assess and develop a learning plan for a struggling learner
If you would like to contact Radha, please email her at email@example.com.
Radha Denmark, DNP, FNP-C, FHM is the Director of Advanced Practice Education and Professional Development at the University of New Mexico Hospital where she’s worked for the last 16 years. She completed a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of New Mexico in 2007, a Master of Science in Advanced Practice from Frontier Nursing University in Kentucky in 2012, and her Doctorate in Nursing Practice in March 2023. Radha lectures and consults nationally on her favorite topics which include APP transition to practice, preceptor development, and remediation. She also loves to garden, run, and spend time with her amazing family.
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. and its Weitzman Institute is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
By completing this activity, you provide Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. the permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 4.00 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 4.00 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 4.00 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.
Only register for this activity if you have participated in the Preceptor Development Training and wish to claim your credits and download your certificate.
If you're experiencing any technical difficulties, please submit a ticket to our support center. A member from our team will respond as soon as possible.
- This online activity requires use of a device connected to the Internet, such as a computer tablet or mobile device.