Breakout: SBHC Outreach: Keep it Simple, Make an Impact - (May 2, 2023)
School-based health services and school-based health centers (SBHCs) sit at the intersection of health and education. Healthcare professionals working in schools must learn to collaborate with the school community, as well as work effectively in a small, integrated healthcare team, to serve student healthcare needs. Educators must learn to partner with school-based healthcare professionals to support students’ health and educational outcomes. School-based healthcare and education professionals benefit from opportunities to learn from each other in interdisciplinary spaces to improve integrated care, equitable care, and coordination of care to serve the whole child.
Continuing education for the conference is made possible through Moses/Weitzman Health system (MWHS) and its Weitzman Institute, the research, education, and policy arm of MWHS. For every CME/CE-eligible session you attend and evaluate, you will receive the appropriate CME or CE credit amount. There is an opportunity to earn a maximum of 9 CE hours.
Please register only if you attended the conference and intend to claim credits.
This activity meets May 2, 2023 - May 3, 2023.
Acknowledgement of Support
This activity is supported by the Washington School-Based Health Center Alliance.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Healthcare professionals working in schools.
This activity meets May 2, 2023, and May 3, 2023.
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, this activity was planned and implemented by Washington School-Based Health Alliance and Moses/Weitzman Health System and its Weitzman Institute and is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
By completing this activity, you provide Moses/Weitzman Health System, Inc. the permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 1.25 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.25 ACE/ASWBThrough Joint Accreditation Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) credit to social workers at its activities.
- 1.25 ACPEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credit to pharmacists at its activities.
- 1.25 ADA CERPThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 1.25 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 1.25 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 1.25 CDRThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide CDR credits to registered dieticians at its activities.
- 1.25 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.