Weitzman ECHO Dermatology 2022-2023 (May 9, 2023)
The Weitzman ECHO Dermatology series will train primary care providers on how to incorporate dermatoscopes into practice, promote management strategies for common dermatological conditions, and improve the identification of skin cancers and infections. These skills will result in well-equipped providers implementing early intervention in dermatology. At each session, subject-matter expert Dr. Vinny Seiverling will provide valuable clinical pearls on dermatological methods and conditions and share case recommendations on participating providers' presented cases.
Weitzman ECHO Dermatology is a no-cost, 9-session program offered in collaboration with ConferMED. This Weitzman ECHO program will meet over Zoom Video Conferencing for 1-hour and will kick off our first session on October 25th, 2022. After the first session, the program will begin meeting on the second Tuesday of each month from 5-6 pm CT.
CME, CNE, CPE, and CEU credits will be provided for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and nurses, among others, by Community Health Center, Inc., an accredited provider through Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education.
Acknowledgment of Support
The Weitzman ECHO Dermatology is supported by and offered in collaboration with ConferMED.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Medical Providers (MDs, DOs, NPs, PAs)
- Care team members
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Use management strategies for common dermatological symptoms
- Incorporate dermoscopy training to your clinical practice
- Better identify and detect skin cancer and when to refer to a specialist
- Decipher which type of biopsy to use in different scenarios
- Utilize clinical and dermoscopic findings to guide management of skin conditions
- Differentiate skin infections from inflammatory conditions utilizing morphological clues
After the first session, this ECHO meets the second Tuesday of every month from 12-1pm CT. Below are the dates of the remaining sessions:
- October 25th, 2022
- November 8th, 2022
- December 13th, 2022
- January 10th, 2023
- February 14th, 2023
- March 14th, 2023
- April 11th, 2023
- May 9th, 2023
- June 13th, 2023
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Through Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
By completing this activity you provide the Weitzman Institute permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 1.00 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ACE/ASWBThrough Joint Accreditation Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) credit to social workers at its activities.
- 1.00 ACPEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credit to pharmacists at its activities.
- 1.00 ADA CERPThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 1.00 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 1.00 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 1.00 CDRThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide CDR credits to registered dieticians at its activities.
- 1.00 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.