Core Training: Weitzman ECHO Dermatology 2023-2024 (April 17, 2024)
The Weitzman ECHO Dermatology series will train primary care providers on how to incorporate dermatoscopes into practice, promote management strategies for common dermatological conditions, and improve the identification of skin cancers and infections. These skills will result in well-equipped providers implementing early intervention in dermatology. At each session, board-certified dermatologist Dr. Vinny Seiverling will provide training on dermoscopy use and methods for screening, assessing, and managing dermatological conditions. This program is a no-cost, 7-session program offered in collaboration with ConferMED. Three of these sessions are Core Trainings, which will cover clinical pearls on high-value dermatology topics. The remaining four sessions involve Conversations with a Dermatologist where providers can dive deeper into specialty dermatology topics and submit ConferMED consults as case discussions to learn directly from an expert and from their peers’ cases and ideas
This Weitzman ECHO program will meet over Zoom Video Conferencing and will kick off our first session on November 15, 2023 from 7:30 - 8:15 AM CT. After the first session, the program will begin meeting at 7:30 AM CT monthly on select Wednesdays or Thursdays the third week of every month.
CME, CNE, CPE, and CEU credits will be provided for physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician associates, among others, by Moses Weitzman Health System, an accredited provider through Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education.
Acknowledgement of Support
The Weitzman ECHO Dermatology series is delivered in collaboration by ConferMed and financially supported through a generous grant from the St. David's Foundation.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Medical Providers (MDs, DOs, NPs, PAs)
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Apply management strategies to common dermatological conditions
- Incorporate dermoscopy training to your clinical practice
- Better differentiate benign skin growths from skin cancer
- More confidently assess which type of biopsy to use in different scenarios
- Utilize clinical and dermoscopic findings to guide management of skin conditions
- Distinguish skin infections from inflammatory conditions utilizing morphological clues
This activity meets at 7:30 AM CT monthly on select Wednesdays and Thursdays the 3rd week of every month.
The dates bolded are the Core Trainings sessions (mandatory for Lone Star Circle of Care) that focus on foundational dermatology and dermatoscope topics. Below are the dates of all the sessions:
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023 (7:30am-8:15am CT): Dermoscopy Basics I: Terminology, Benign Skin Growths, and Tips and Tricks to Operating a Dermatoscope
- Thursday, December 21, 2023 (7:30am-8:30am CT): Psoriasis, Eczema, and Scaly Rashes
- Wednesday, January 17, 2024 (7:30am-8:15am CT): Dermoscopy Basics II: Skin Cancer
- Thursday, February 15, 2024 (7:30am-8:30am CT): Dermatopharmacology
- Thursday, March 21, 2024 (7:30am-8:30am CT): Common Pediatric Skin Conditions
- Wednesday, April 17, 2024 (7:30am-8:15am CT): Skin Biopsies and Suturing
- Thursday, May 16, 2024 (7:30am-8:30am CT): Context and Comparators
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by ConferMED and Moses/Weitzman Health System, Inc./Weitzman Institute. Moses/Weitzman Health System, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. Additional credits are available for Physician Assistants/Associates.
By completing this activity, you provide Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. the permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 0.75 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 0.75 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 0.75 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.
- Please register for this activity prior to the start of the first session you wish to attend.
- If you are attempting to register for this activity after the session you wish to attend has started and the activity says "expired," please submit a ticket to our support center. A member from our team will respond as soon as possible.
- This online activity requires use of a device connected to the Internet, such as a computer tablet or mobile device.
- The activity will take place over Zoom, which must be accessed directly from within the activity.