The Consortium for Advanced Practice Providers 2023 Annual Conference: Transforming Advanced Practice Postgraduate Training Stronger Together: Setting the Standards
The Consortium's annual conference addresses APP postgraduate training programmatic topics including accreditation, evaluation, management tools, recruitment, best practices, and workforce development. The conference prepares attendees by addressing solutions to programmatic gaps, sharing expertise, wisdom, and best practices, and promoting the achievement and maintenance of the highest standards of rigor and quality for APP postgraduate training programs.
This live conference meets on Sunday, July 23rd, and Monday, July 24th. Please register only if you attended the conference and intend to claim credits.
Acknowledgement of Support
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Consortium for Advanced Practice Providers 2023 Annual Conference. The Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants/Associates
- Postgraduate Training Program Staff
- Postgraduate Training Program Faculty Preceptors
- Postgraduate Training Program Mentors
- Newly Developed or Soon-to-be Developing Fellowship/Residency Staff
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Strengthen the community of postgraduate training program management and clinical development
- Create an educational space that supports the dissemination of impactful programmatic information to strengthen postgraduate training programs nationally, thereby strengthening the APP training and profession as a whole
The meeting dates for the Consortium for Advanced Practice Providers 2023 Annual Conference were July 23rd, 2023 and July 24th, 2023. The schedule is as follows:
- Day 1 (Sunday, July 23, 2023)
- Keynote Presentation: Opening Panel Presentation—Mattering and Why it Matters (1.0 credits)
- Podium/Panel Presentation: Professional Identity in Postgraduate APP Training Programs (1.0 credits)
- Session 1:
- How to Build Your APP Postgraduate Training Program and Design the Curriculum (1.0 credits)
- Telehealth (1.0 credits)
- Session 2:
- Building the Pieces of Orientation for Postgraduate Trainees (1.0 credits)
- Measuring Outcomes and Data Management Within the Program (1.0 credits)
- Panel Presentation: Finance, ROI, and Sustainability of Postgraduate Training Programs (1.0 credits)
- Day 2 (Monday, July 24, 2023)
- Keynote Presentation: National Healthcare Landscape (1.0 credits)
- Podium Presentation: Promoting Wellness and Preventing Burnout in Postgraduate APP Training Programs (1.0 credits)
- Podium/Panel Presentation: Long-Term Impacts of NP/PA Postgraduate Training (1.0 credits)
- Session 1:
- How to Create a Postgraduate Training Program Handbook (1.0 credits)
- How and When to Expand Your Specialty Tracks (1.0 credits)
- Session 2:
- APP Postgraduate Training Program Staffing - Roles and Responsibilities (1.0 credits)
- Bolstering QI Projects: Boot Camp for Supporting Your Trainees QI Projects (1.0 credits)
- Podium/Panel Presentation: Increasing Diversity of the APP Workforce (0.75 credits)
- Podium/Panel Presentation: Accreditation: High-Level Overview of the 2023 Accreditation Standards and Accreditation Process (0.5 credits)
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
List of Faculty for the Conference:
- Ramona Benkert, PhD, ANP-BC, FAANP - Professor and Associate Dean for the Academic and Clinical Affairs Office at the College of Nursing for Wayne State University, and Michigan Area Health Education Co-Principal Investigator
- Charise Corsino, MA - Program Director of the Nurse Practitioner Residency Programs at Community Health Center, Inc.
- Johannah Crogan, ARNP, CPNP - APP Fellowship Director at Seattle Children's Hospital Neonatal Fellowship
- Bethany Croke, MSN, FNP-BC - FNP Residency Clinical Program Manager at East Boston Neighborhood Health Center
- Laina Cross, MSN, APRN, FNP-C - Family Nurse Practitioner at Community Health Center
- Radha Denmark, DNP, FNP-C, FHM - Director of Advanced Practice Education and Professional Development University of New Mexico Hospital
- Patricia Dennehy, DNP, NP-C, FAAN - Owner and Principal of Dennehy & Associates LLC
- Mitchel Erickson, DNP, MS, BSN, BSc, ACNP-C - Geriatric Age-Friendly ED Consultant, UCSF Health Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Division of Geriatrics Associate Clinical Professor Department of Physiological Nursing Chair, BRN APRN Advisory Committee
- Margaret Flinter, PhD, APRN, FNP-c, FAAN, FAANP - Chairperson of the Consortium for Advanced Practice Providers, Senior Vice President & Clinical Director of the Moses Weitzman Health System and Community Health Center, Inc.
- Robert Gamboe, PA-C - Program Director for Shasta Community Health Center NP/PA Postgraduate Fellowship in Primary Care
- Ann Marie Hart, PhD, FNP-BC, FAANP - Professor and DNP Program Director Chair at Fay W. Whitney School of Nursing University of Wyoming
- Amy Hite, EdD(c), DNP, APRN, FNP-C - Professor and HRSA SANE & NPR Grants Project Director at Pittsburg State University, School of Nursing
- DoQuyen Huynh, DNP, FNP, ARNP, FAAN - Health Equity Director Washington State Health Care Authority
- Vasco Deon Kidd, DHSc, MPH, MS, PA-C - Director of Advanced Practice Providers (UCI Health) Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of California Irvine
- Lindsay Marmaras, MSN, APRN, FNP-C - Family Nurse Practitioner at Community Health Center
- Garrett Matlick, DNP, MPH, APRN, FNP-BC, PMHNP-BC - Family and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, NP Residency Program Faculty at Community Health Center, Inc.
- Natalie May, PhD - Associate Professor of Research at University of Virginia School of Nursing
- Katherine O'Brien, MSN, APRN, FNP-C - Residency Program Director at The East Boston Neighborhood Health Center
- Kameren Owens, FNP-C, MSN - Nurse Practitioner Residency Director at Santa Rosa Community Health
- Luis Padilla, MD - Associate Administrator, Bureau of Health Workforce Director, National Health Service Corps Health Resources and Services Administration
- Milagros Pilla - Former Program Manager at Thundermist Health Center
- Natalie Raghu, DNP, FNP-C, BC-ADM APRN-FPA - Medical Director of Advanced Practice Providers at Erie Family Health Center, Chicago IL
- Mary Rose, PMHNP, MS, CCM - Medical Director of Psychiatric NP’s and Program Director of the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Fellowship at Thundermist Health Center
- Nicole Seagriff, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC - Clinical Program Director, National Nurse Practitioner Residency Program Associate Faculty, Weitzman Institute On-Site Medical Director, Norwalk and Stamford
- Kiersten Solis, MSN, FNP-BC - Program Director of AdvancingPractice at Erie Family Health Centers
- Jill Terrien, PhD, ANP-BC - Associate Professor of Nursing and Medicine Associate Dean Interprofessional and Community Partnerships UMass Chan Medical School Tan Chingfen Graduate School of Nursing
- Alan Wengrofsky, CPA - Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President Community Healthcare Network
- Elizabeth Wytychak, MSN, ARNP, FNP-C - Nurse Practitioner Residency Director at HealthPoint
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. and its Weitzman Institute is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
By completing this activity, you provide Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. the permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 11.25 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 11.25 ACE/ASWBThrough Joint Accreditation Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) credit to social workers at its activities.
- 11.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 11.25 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 11.25 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 11.25 CDRThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide CDR credits to registered dieticians at its activities.
- 11.25 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.
- Please register for this activity only if you have attended The Consortium for Advanced Practice Providers 2023 Annual Conference and wish to claim credits and download a certificate.
- If you are attempting to register for this activity and you need assistance, please click here to submit a ticket.