December 8, 2022 - Global Aim and Fishbone Diagram
The QI Seminar Series is designed to provide trainees with an opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills to improve care. The series oﬀers multiple tools and ways to use them that trainees will be able to try in their own work, and then explore using further in their work after training.
This activity meets 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month from 12:00-1:30 PM ET.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Postgraduate Nurse Practitioners - Family, Psychiatric Mental Health, Adult-Gerontology, and Pediatric
- Postdoctoral Clinical Psychologists
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of learners to increase conﬁdence and competence of caring for a complex patient population in FQHCs and other safety net settings.
- Enhance the skill of learners to increase conﬁdence and competence of designing, implementing and assessing a change related to the health care system in which learners are practicing.
View the December 8th session recording here.
QI Seminar Series Schedule
The QI Series meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month from 12-1:30 PM ET. Below are the dates of the sessions for the 2022-2023 Program Year.
- October 13, 2022 - An Overview of Quality Improvement
- October 27, 2022 - Care Observations & Stakeholder Considerations
- November 10, 2022 - Organizing your Improvement Project
- December 8, 2022 - Global Aim and Fishbone Diagram
- December 22, 2022 - Process Mapping (Flowcharts)
- January 12, 2023 - Measurement to Inform Change
- January 26, 2023 - Measurement to Inform Change Part 2
- February 9, 2023 - An Approach to Testing a Change
- February 23, 2023 - Communication about your Improvement Effort
- March 9, 2023 - Stakeholder Analysis & Conflict Management
- March 23, 2023 - Managing Up and Gaining Leadership Buy-In
- April 13, 2023 - Negotiation
- April 27, 2023 - Negotiation and More About Cycles of Change
- May 11, 2023 - Sustaining your Improvement Effort
- May 25, 2023 - Resident Presentations
- June 8, 2023 - Resident Presentations
- June 23, 2023 - Resident Presentations
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Through Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
By completing this activity you provide the Weitzman Institute permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 1.50 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.50 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 1.50 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 25.50 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.
- Please register for this activity prior to the start of the first session you wish to attend.
- If you are attempting to register for this activity after the session you wish to attend has started and the activity says "expired," please email us at email@example.com.