Electronic Consult Best Practices for Patients with Diabetes (October 26, 2022)
E-consults are a new concept to many providers – although some may be accustomed to “curbside consults”. This series will provide primary and specialty care use cases for e-consults, fill any knowledge gaps in constructing effective e-consult questions and answers, and provide tools to convey e-consult results to patients.
Acknowledgement of Support
This activity was developed in collaboration with BluePath Health and ConferMED.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physicians' Assistants
This activity is a CE opportunity for ConferMed clients.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Gain an understanding of the e-consult process between primary and specialty care providers, along with effective communications strategies to make these an efficient step in the referral process
- Build skills in constructing effective e-consult questions and responses as a result of this session
- Improve effectiveness and efficiency of e-consult performance
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by BluePath Health and Community Health Center Inc. and its Weitzman Institute and is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Through Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses, Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credit to pharmacists, AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), and American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities.
By completing this activity you provide the Weitzman Institute permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 1.00 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 1.00 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 1.00 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.
- Please register for this activity only if you have attended the Electronic Consult Best Practices for Primary and Specialty Care Providers Activity and wish to claim credits and download a certificate.
- If you are attempting to register for this activity and you need assistance, please click here to submit a ticket.