Environmental Management of Pediatric Asthma Guidelines for Health Care Providers
The Illinois Primary Health Care Association (IPCHA) is a nonprofit trade association that serves as the voice of and champion for Illinois’ community health centers. This activity is for learners who viewed the recording of the live session as part of the 2023 live and/or on-demand events in order to claim CME/CE credit and download their certificate.
This session serves to help health professionals gain medical knowledge around asthma management and management of environmental triggers.
Acknowledgement of Support
This session is supported by the Illinois Department of Human Services, Division of Substance Use Prevention and Recovery.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Associates/Assistants
- Describe updated pediatric asthma guidelines for providers.
- Discuss the management of an environmental asthma trigger.
- Describe early intervention strategies.
Speaker: Dr. De Ybarrondo, MD, FAAP, National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF)
Moderator: Raj Savalia, Practice Transformation Manager, IPHCA
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Illinois Primary Health Care Association and Moses/Weitzman Health System, Inc./Weitzman Institute. Moses/Weitzman Health System, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health System, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
By completing this activity you provide the Weitzman Institute permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 1.00 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 1.00 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 1.00 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 1.00 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.