Innovations in Diabetes Translation Research (October 25, 2023)
The Illinois Primary Health Care Association (IPCHA) is a nonprofit trade association that serves as the voice of and champion for Illinois’ community health centers. This activity is for learners who participated in one or more of the 2023 live events in order to claim CME/CE credit and download their certificate.
This session serves to help health professionals learn how to develop plans to care for a growing refugee population in Illinois and diseases they may encounter.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Associates/Assistants
- Behavioral Health providers
- Registered Dieticians
- Summarize the resources and services offered through AHEAD-CHC.
- Formulate diabetes-related research questions to inform care provided in CHCs.
- Extrapolate how existing innovative research can be applied in diverse CHC settings.
Cindy Shafer, RN, PhD., Assistant Professor of Nursing, University of Evansville
Matthew O'Brien, MD, MD, AHEAD Core Co-Director; Associate Professor of Medicine and Preventive Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, this activity was planned and implemented by the Illinois Primary Health Care Association and Moses/Weitzman Health System, Inc. and its Weitzman Institute and is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health System, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
By completing this activity you provide the Weitzman Institute permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 1.00 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ACE/ASWBThrough Joint Accreditation Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) credit to social workers at its activities.
- 1.00 ACPEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credit to pharmacists at its activities.
- 1.00 ADA CERPThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 1.00 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 1.00 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 1.00 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.