Keynote: The Whole Child, Young Adult, Person
From January 2022 to January 2023 there was an increase of over 300% in calls to the Montgomery County Police Department for youth non-fatal overdoses. Increased substance use is closely linked to deteriorating mental health and to the prevalence of Fentanyl in our community. The goal is to have medical and mental health professionals more equipped to educate, screen and treat substance misuse.
The City of Rockville will collaborate with Montgomery College and Montgomery Goes Purple for this event which includes a panel discussion; education sessions with professional credits available; and Narcan distribution and training. Also, the event will include sessions on support and resources for mental health and substance-use recovery designed for students, families, and those who support them.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Social Workers
- Registered Dieticians
- Physician Associates
- Behavorial Health providers
- Dental providers
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. and its Weitzman Institute is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
By completing this activity, you provide Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. the permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 0.75 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 ACE/ASWBThrough Joint Accreditation Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) credit to social workers at its activities.
- 0.75 ACPEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credit to pharmacists at its activities.
- 0.75 ADA CERPThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 0.75 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 0.75 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 0.75 CDRThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide CDR credits to registered dieticians at its activities.
- 0.75 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.
Thank you for attending the Let's Talk About Recovery event! We hope you found it beneficial to your professional continuing education.
- Select the Start Activity button or Session Evaluation in the Activity Progress menu to complete the short post-session survey. You must complete the Post-Session Evaluation to receive credit and a certificate for this session.
- Then, select Next to review the credit awarded for the session. You will be able to download your certificate for the event as a whole after completing session evaluations.
This online activity requires use of a device connected to the Internet, such as a computer tablet or mobile device.