Return to Sports Post COVID Algorithm (November 21, 2022)
MASBHC Webinar Series
The webinar series is held monthly between August 2022 and June 2023. November session is being held November 21, 2022.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants/Associates
- Social Workers
- Registered Dietitians
Webinar Series Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Provide a review of the topics covered in each webinar session
- Apply knowledge and skills to their work in school-based health centers and their child and adolescent patient populations
November 21, 2022 webinar: The Positive Depression Screen: Mental Health Conversations with Teens and Families
- Patricia Kapunan, MD, MPH, Montgomery County Public Schools
- Binny Chokshi, MD, MEd Division of Military Child & Family Research, Uniformed Services University School of Medicine
- Jean Fletcher, CPNP, Division of Adolescent & Young Adult Medicine, Children’s National Hospital
1. Review the epidemiology of adolescent depression, including primary care screening and how trends have changed during the COVID-19 pandemic
2. Review and interpret the PHQ-9 modified for teens using specific case examples
3. Employ strategies for optimizing mental health conversations with teens and caregivers considering unique clinical issues including confidentiality, treatment readiness, goal discordance
4. Understand how culturally-competent and trauma-informed approaches to care can be critical for engagement about mental health issues
This Webinar Series meets once per month between August 2022 and June 2023:
- August 10, 2022
- No September 2022 webinar
- October 26, 2022
- November 21, 2022
- Future monthly dates to be determined
Members of the Medstar Health Primary Care Sports Medicine team:
- Ankit Shah, MD, MPH, FACC
- Lou Kovacs, MD, CAQSM
- Kellie Loehr, MS, ATC, LAT
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
Any faculty disclosures are noted within the individual webinar sessions.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Maryland Assembly of School Based Health Care and Community Health Center Inc. and its Weitzman Institute and is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Through Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
By completing this activity you provide the Weitzman Institute permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 1.00 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ACE/ASWBThrough Joint Accreditation Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) credit to social workers at its activities.
- 1.00 ACPEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credit to pharmacists at its activities.
- 1.00 ADA CERPThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 1.00 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 1.00 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 1.00 CDRThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide CDR credits to registered dieticians at its activities.
- 1.00 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.
- Please register for this activity only if you attended any of the Maryland Assembly 2022 Webinar Series sessions.
- If you are attempting to register for this activity and are having any difficulties, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This online activity requires use of a device connected to the Internet, such as a computer tablet or mobile device.