Weitzman ECHO Series for Health Net: Diabetes Management (January 19, 2024)
In collaboration with Health Net, the Weitzman Institute is offering Weitzman ECHO Diabetes Management to target rural counties in California to address the high rates of diabetes. This Weitzman ECHO connects primary care medical providers and clinicians to a community of peers and subject-matter experts to improve providers' management of patients with diabetes to improve care. At each session, subject-matter experts provide guidance from a multidisciplinary team approach to address patients’ complex health needs related to diabetes to assess, treat, and manage patients with diabetes. The Weitzman ECHO Diabetes Management is a no-cost, 12-month, 12-session program beginning January 20th, 2023 and will meet for 1-hour every 3rd Friday.
This ECHO series is now enrolling primary care medical providers and clinicians from select counties in California. All providers working in primary care settings (especially FQHCs) are encouraged to join and participate. CME, CNE, CPE, and CEU credits will be provided for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, and registered dietitians, among others, by Community Health Center, Inc., an accredited provider through Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education.
Acknowledgement of Support
The Diabetes Management ECHO is supported by Health Net.
This activity is appropriate for the following audiences:
- Medical Providers (MDs, DOs, NPs, PAs)
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Manage diabetes complications and co-morbidities more effectively in primary care and determine when a referral to a subspecialist is required.
- Improve diabetes medication management and facilitate adherence for patients.
- Explain care plans to patients utilizing communication skills that maximize their health literacy to improve self-management.
- Practice cultural humility to address cultural differences in care.
- Connect patients with services and resources in the community to address their unique health needs and social determinants of health.
- Identify technologies for patients that will lead to better diabetes management.
This ECHO meets the third Friday of every month from 12-1pm ET. Below are the dates for the sessions:
- January 20th, 2023
- February 17th, 2023
- March 17th, 2023
- April 21st, 2023
- May 19th, 2023
- June 16th, 2023
- July 21st, 2023
- August 18th, 2023
- September 15th, 2023
- October 20th, 2023
- November 17th, 2023
- December 15th, 2023
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
No faculty disclosed a relevant financial relationship for this program.
In support of improving patient care, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Through Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
By completing this activity you provide the Weitzman Institute permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 1.00 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ACE/ASWBThrough Joint Accreditation Community Health, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) credit to social workers at its activities.
- 1.00 ACPEThrough Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credit to pharmacists at its activities.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 1.00 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 1.00 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 1.00 CDRThrough Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide CDR credits to registered dieticians at its activities.
- 1.00 Participation Hour(s)
- Please register for this activity prior to the start of the first session you wish to attend.
- If you are attempting to register for this activity after the session you wish to attend has started and the activity says "expired," please email us at email@example.com.
- This online activity requires use of a device connected to the Internet, such as a computer tablet or mobile device.
- The activity will take place over Zoom, which must be accessed directly from within the activity.