Interprofessional Team-Based Care
About Upskilling Courses for Medical Assistants
These courses are designed for medical assistants (MAs) who are already working in the field. All courses provide contact hours that can count toward CMA (AAMA), CCMA (NHA), and RMA (AMT) recertification requirements if learners successfully meet all course requirements. The course content is, however, relevant for other members of the care team. Supervisors have also completed our courses in order to better understand what concepts their MAs are learning and applying.
All courses are completely asynchronous, which means that learners can complete course modules at their own pace and on their own schedule. Learners can complete courses separately or in a recommended sequence.
Courses are priced at $25/contact hour, a price competitive with other MA continuing education courses. The total price per course is determined by the total number of contact hours in the course.
About this Course
By the end of this course, learners will be able to...
- Define the concept of interprofessional team-based care
- Describe the roles of each member of the interprofessional team and how they function together
- Discuss strategies to improve interprofessional communication within a primary care team
This course contains 10 modules for a total of 11 contact hours. The modules with the estimated time commitment are as follows:
- An Introduction to Interprofessional Education (1 hour)
- The Patient-Centered Medical Home and the Interprofessional Team (1 hour)
- The Medical Assistant's Role (1 hour)
- The Nurse's Role (1 hour)
- The Provider's Role (1 hour)
- Other Team Members' Roles (1 hour)
- Formal and Informal Leaders' Roles (1 hour)
- Professional Growth as a Healthcare Worker (1 hour)
- Strategies to Improve Interprofessional Communication (1 hour)
- A Complex Primary Care Case (2 hours)
Module Activities and Assessments
Module activities include short videos, knowledge checks, reflection questions, and other interactive elements. Learners complete each module by achieving an 80% or higher on the post-module knowledge check and/or answering module reflection questions.
To get started, select the Register tab to register on an individual basis or on behalf of your team. If you experience any technical issues or have any questions, please submit a ticket to our support center. A member from our team will respond as soon as possible.
- 11.00 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 11.00 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.
If you experience any technical issues or have any questions, please submit a ticket to our support center. A member from our team will respond as soon as possible.
If you are purchasing the course on your behalf, select "1" from the "How many seats would you like to purchase?" dropdown. If you are purchasing the course on behalf of the staff within your organization, select the appropriate amount of seats you would like to purchase. Our team will then follow up with coupon codes for your team to utilize to gain access to the course.
If you need more seats than the dropdown allows, please submit a ticket to our support center.