What You Need to Know Now About COVID-19 (December 7, 2023)
The worst of the Pandemic is over, but we still need to take good care of our patients as we head further into the respiratory virus season. Our most vulnerable patients remain at the highest risk - elderly, nursing home, oncology, dialysis, and diabetic patients. Medically underserved populations including minorities and people of color remain at significant risk as well. Many patients never received the latest vaccine boosters. Antivirals and other treatments are widely available – but are underused. Make sure you provide the best care for your patients this coming COVID season by attending this webinar.
This activity will meet on December 7, 2023 at 12pm ET / 9am PT.
This activity is appropriate for all healthcare professionals.
Acknowledgement of Support
This activity is being delivered in collaboration with Med2Lab with funding through Pfizer's Independent Medical Education Grants program.
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies.
In support of improving patient care, this activity was planned and implemented by Med2Lab, Inc. and Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. and its Weitzman Institute is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
By completing this activity, you provide Moses/Weitzman Health System Inc. the permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
Please note that continuing education credit requirements differ by state, jurisdiction, and licensing agency. It is your responsibility to confirm if your licensing/credentialing agency will accept the credits offered by this activity.
- 1.00 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ACE/ASWBThrough Joint Accreditation Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) credit to social workers at its activities.
- 1.00 ACPEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credit to pharmacists at its activities.
- 1.00 ADA CERPThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 1.00 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 1.00 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 1.00 CDRThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide CDR credits to registered dieticians at its activities.
- 1.00 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.