Workshop 5: Embedding Accountability into JEDI Policies and Practices
In this workshop, we're going to focus on employee and patient feedback that your organization receives in order to inform your JEDI policies and practices. We’ll discuss specific methods for collecting feedback from employees and patients and include our own experiences with using these tools at Moses/Weitzman Health System. Some of these methods include assessing your organization’s climate and culture, conducting exit interviews with employees, soliciting feedback from patients, and creating a system for both employees and patients to report workplace incidents.
Workshop 5 Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to...
- Develop a process for…
- conducting culture and climate surveys from employees
- conducting exit interviews
- reporting and reviewing verbal, written, or physical workplace incidents
- Analyze metrics from employee and patient feedback on workplace and clinic equity, inclusivity, and climate
- Identify strategies to improve related metrics
Workshop 5 Preparation
Your team should be prepared with the following:
- Work Plan
- Workshop 5 Notes Template (optional)
Both documents are available at the bottom of this page.
Karoline Oliveira, Ed.D, is the Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer at Community Health Center, Inc. Prior to joining CHC, she served as Interim Executive Director, Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Special Advisor to the President, at Life University in Georgia, where she successfully developed and advanced the university’s DEI strategic agenda. Previously, she was Interim Director of the Multicultural Center at the University of Rhode Island, from which she received her B.S. and M.S. Karoline received her Ed.D. in Higher Education Leadership from Johnson & Wales University. She brings to CHC more than 15 years of experience in driving innovation and furthering the vision and mission of organizations through diversity enhancement initiatives.
Karen Ashley, Ed.D.
Director of Education, Weitzman Institute
Jenni Lane, M.A.
Assistant Director of Training and Technical Assistance, Weitzman Institute
Leah Miller, M.H.A.
Program Manager for Education, Weitzman Institute
Natalie Ewashkow, M.S.
Education Specialist, Weitzman Institute
Colleen Phillips, M.Ed., M.S.
Instructional Design Specialist, Weitzman Institute
Weitzman Institute Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the Weitzman Institute to ensure that Continuing Education (CE) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the Weitzman Institute requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Faculty participating in a Weitzman Institute-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial or other relationship(s) with ineligible companies
In support of improving patient care, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Through Joint Accreditation, Community Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
By completing this activity you provide the Weitzman Institute permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
- 1.50 AAPA Category I CMEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Academy of PAs (AAPA) credit to physician assistants at its activities. Participants should only claim commensurate credit with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.50 ACE/ASWBThrough Joint Accreditation Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) credit to social workers at its activities.
- 1.50 ACPEThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credit to pharmacists at its activities.
- 1.50 ADA CERPThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Through Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians at its activities via Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- 1.50 ANCCThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) nursing credit to nurses at its activities.
- 1.50 APAThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide American Psychological Association (APA) credit to psychologists at its activities.
- 1.50 CDRThrough Joint Accreditation, Moses/Weitzman Health Center, Inc./Weitzman Institute is able to provide CDR credits to registered dieticians at its activities.
- 1.50 Participation Hour(s)If you are not able to utilize any of the above credit types, you are able to download an unaccredited Participation Certificate for your records.